May 15, 2011

Tough decisions

Last night I made the tough decision to stop breastfeeding. I really wanted to go for a year, but my body just would not produce enough to feed my growing baby. I tried everything I could before I decided to stop. My amazing lactation consultant had me try everything I could before I realized my supply just wasn't going to increase. The past few days really made me realize how hard it was on Shylee. She was super fussy and didn't want to sleep. Finally, we tried more food than normal and she was fine.

So, today was my first day of not breastfeeding. It went really well. I only cried once. Shylee had 4 bottles and 3 meals of food. She did try to eat from me twice and got upset once, but after a bottle she was fine. I was really worried about putting her to bed, because our night time routine includes me feeding her, but she didn't have any problems. She just fell right asleep. It was definitely a lot easier than I had anticipated. I just hope it continues to be this easy. I am also hoping that it will help her gain some weight. She is only in the 3rd percentile right now! She needs to get some weight on her :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you only cried once. I know it's hard but you're doing what's best for your baby! :)

    ReplyDelete